Monday 12 November 2012

David Bowie - Hallo Spaceboy (CD Single)

I found this in a charity shop around six months ago. I have to admit that David Bowie is a very new artist I'm developing a keen interest in. Really its not an exaggeration to say that he along with Paul Weller are two artists I'm investigating at the moment. Naturally, I loved the remix Pet Shop Boys did of Hallo Spaceboy but when I initially listened to a greatest hits of David Bowie's work, I wasn't sold. I just couldn't seem to grasp it at all. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was talented but he wasn't gelling with me. Something about him made me want to listen to him more though. A few months later, a performance of Jean Genie from TOTP was rediscovered from the TOTP archives after being feared lost and it was broadcast on a vintage TOTP archive show me and mum were watching. It was absolutely incredible and forced me to reevaluate him and give him another try. So I've been listening to more of him and now I think I can safely say he has won me over, he is a brilliant and most interesting artist I think. Sadly, this single is the only David Bowie CD I have so far, but a good greatest hits of his has now become one of my top priorities the next time I go record shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment