Monday 24 December 2012

First time listening: Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - Rock Art & The X-Ray Style

So as you could imagine, with exploring  The Clash comes with it a fair few Clash related bands to discover too such as Big Audio Dynamite, The 101ers etc. The first place I've started though was Joe Strummer & The Mescarleros who formed in 1999 and lasted until Joe Strummer's death in 2002. Rock Art and X-ray Style was their debut album.I have to admit that I was a little bit dubious at first because I really love The Clash and I wasn't sure if I would like this new musical style of The Mescaleros. I have to say though that for the most part I really liked it. A few of the songs didn't gel with me on first listen but when I liked certain songs, I loved them. My favourites so far are Nitcomb, Sandpaper Blues, Willesden to Cricklewood and Diggin' The New. I'm really looking forward to listening to Global A Go-Go now, especially because it contains the beautiful Johnny Appleseed which has become one of my favourite songs since I've first heard it!

No comments:

Post a Comment