Sunday 15 July 2012

Interesting little download.

I have an odd fascination developing in recent months for record labels (particularly interested in ZTT, Factory and Creation), In recent times though I'm also particularly interested in Some Bizzare too. Their compilation album of the same name was their first release, and was designed to give an indication of the musical sound the label were interested in. I downloaded this last night after figuring it would be a good place to start. What I find fascinating is that the release contains early recordings by some acts that would go on to have much success like Depeche Mode (the version of Photographic here is actually the first released recording of Depeche Mode's) and also Blancmange and Soft Cell (who would then be signed to Some Bizzare) I've only heard a few of the other tracks of it so far and it sounds like a very experimental piece of work, definitely an interesting listen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment