Tuesday 17 January 2012

One book down, loads to go!

I finished reading Torn Apart: The Life of Ian Curtis last night. Absolutely fantastic book which is beyond informative and taught me many things I never knew about Ian. I will start drafting a proper review of the book very soon (Also drafting proper reviews of Madonna - Confessions on a Dancefloor and Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures. Not to mention posting a list of all of my CD's and I also want to draft a new post on my Pet Shop Boys blog very soon.) Meanwhile though I've got plenty of other books to be reading and from tonight I will be reading Shaun Ryder - Your Twisting My Melon: The Autobiography. Shaun is the lead singer of the famous Manchester band Happy Mondays, who were very much part of the late 80s/early 90s Manchester music scene. It's a good contrast to Torn Apart I think, as this book will deal more with the Hacienda nightclub and the Madchester era which Torn Apart obviously wouldn't cover. Really looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment