Monday 1 April 2013

Easter holiday viewing.

So yesterday I watched this documentary on Oasis. It chronicles the band on their Don't Believe The Truth world tour (which was in support of the album of the same name). It was a really enjoyable watch. As you could expect from anything that features either or both of the Gallagher brothers - it was a real laugh in places. I also really liked the way it was filmed too: all in black and white. When I heard it was in black and white before watching the documentary I was a little bit skeptical as to whether or not it be fitting. I shouldn't have worried though because it was really well filmed. Considering Oasis subsequently have broken up it does add an air of poignancy I guess. I love how it had been edited obviously but a lot of the footage that was shown felt very fly on the wall which I really liked. The live footage that was shown was really good too, particular Rock 'n' Roll Star (check out the outro on that!). Definitely worth a watch all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment