Tuesday 30 April 2013

Treasure Tuesday: Great Hacienda Mini Documentary!

This week's little gem isn't something I found - it actually was sent to me last by a dear friend. How this one escaped me, I'm not sure because I've watched a fair few videos relating to the Hacienda on Youtube. Anyhow, this is an excellent little watch for all of you out there who - like me - love the legendary nightclub and anything connected to Factory Records in general. It's brief at eight minutes but it contains an awful lot of footage. Very interestingly, the video is presented by Factory mastermind Tony Wilson's son, called Oliver. It was very informative and taught me things I didn't actually know. For example, I had no idea that a cafe inspired by the Hacienda was opened in Chorlton (I really need to go there someday). Also despite its short lentgh, the video contains interviews with key people in the Hacienda saga: Shaun Ryder, Peter Hook and Mike Pickering for instance. It's short, but very sweet and well worth a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment