Tuesday 30 April 2013

Collection: New Order

(L-R roughly): Power, Corruption and Lies, Lowlife, Brotherhood, Technique (all 2CD Special editions), Republic,Get Ready, MOJO Magazine from 2012, Waiting For The Sirens Call, The Best of New Order, Total, Substance, Power, Corruption and Lies (Covers CD that came with MOJO), New Order Story DVD, Fine Time 7”, New Order Live in Glasgow DVD, New Order Live DVD, Joy Division/New Order NME Special from 2012, New Order: From Heaven to Heaven book, old 90’s NME with Bernard Sumner on the cover.
What’s not in the picture: two tickets for New Order’s cancelled Belfast gig in June of 2012, Blue Monday 12”

I absolutely love New Order, one of my favourite bands ever most definitely. I first heard of them when I was about 12 when my dad told me listen to Blue Monday, but I only became a fan of them (and Joy Division) two years ago. I’ve got quite a bit of New Order material but - completest that I am - I still have a few bits I want. The big thing I’m missing is the 2CD edition of their debut album Movement. I’m also missing two more DVD’s and some various other CD’s like Peel Sessions and what not. I'm particularly desperate for their In Sessions CD - its rare as sin though so goodness knows when (if ever) I get that

Rarest item I have: Almost without doubt the From Heaven to Heaven book. I got it for Christmas 2012 after it remained in the same shop for a year, my copy is a numbered first edition though that was signed by the author and came with a genuine unused New Order ticket from a Birmingham show. The best part is that I didn't even realize it was a rarer edition until i got it! The old NME wouldn’t be the easiest to find now either though I’d imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment