Wednesday 16 November 2011

Format Tracklisting Announced!

So the new B-sides compilation Format's tracklisting has just been announced. Overall, I am more than pleased with it but I am also slightly puzzled. The B-sides collection covers from Bilingual era up until the end of Yes. For some reason though, its omitting the Together B-sides released last year. I can't understand why to be honest. I mean, I don't want to sound nasty but by the time they've released another 5 albums (Using that number because thats how many albums they released before Alternative before releasing another five before Format) Neil will be nearly 70 at least. I don't want to sound nasty, but is it likely they'll still be making music by that point? I mean, you never know what will happen with Pet Shop Boys and that's why I love them, but I can't see why the Together B-sides aren't there. Also Je t'aime... moi non plus isn't on it either. Although despite being included on the CD single for I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Anymore it was recorded for inclusion on a compilation instead, so maybe it wasn't a technical B-side. Never the less, the songs on the album will still be really good and I can't wait to get it on February 6th 2012!

1 comment:

  1. As a fan, I already have everything on these two discs.

    You could have actually download every song on this double CD set over a year ago, burnt it to a couple of CD-R's and you'd have this collection already in high quality.

    I can't see it selling too many copies.

    When Alternative was released - downloading was in its infancy.

    I always bought the CD singles - so there is no real need for this other than to tie up a few loose ends in an official release.

    ReplyDelete