Saturday 19 November 2011

Matters of Musical Importance: Brandon Flowers sings with Pet Shop Boys at 2009 Brits

Well as I'm sure your all aware of by now, I absolutely adore Pet Shop Boys and The Killers and they are my two favourite bands. I've been a Killers fan for 7 years, since the age of 10. They actually were my first introduction to the Pet Shop Boys (I first heard of them via their brilliant remix of Read My Mind in 2007). However this one is rather special because it was the first time I had ever heard their own material and also see them. I watched this in February 2009 purely because I had heard Brandon was going to be there. I knew for a number of years by then that Brandon was a big fan of their work, so I watched them out of curiosity, I even remember this part and enjoying it, purely because Brandon had got the chance to sing with one of his favourite artists. Little did I know that just over a year later that the Pet Shop Boys would join the list of my personal favourite artists too! Brandon has collabareted with Neil and also Sir Elton John on a charity single, and was featured on the A Life In Pop DVD too. Meanwhile Pet Shop Boys have attended the show that was filmed for The Killers Live At The Royal Albert Hall and Neil cited Hot Fuss as one of his favourite albums of 2005. This is a great performance, and I really hope there is a proper The Killers/Pet Shop Boys collaboration in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment