Saturday 9 March 2013

First Listen: David Bowie - The Next Day

So, in the last few days I’ve been able to listen to David Bowie’s new album - The Next Day - in full. I had high hopes for this, not least because David Bowie is a very talented man but also because of the nature/surprise element of the release. With that in mind I have to say I think its an great album. My favourite tracks on first listen are If You Can See Me, The Stars (Are Out Tonight), How Does The Grass Grow? and in particular Dancing Out In Space. I’m definitely going to pick it up on CD next week when it comes out. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that judging by reaction I’ve read thus far, I think this could be one of the albums of the year most definitely. Almost certainly the comeback of the year. I really recommend The Next Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment