Friday 15 March 2013

Pictures of interest: Joe Strummer (101er's days)

An utter non post I I know, but I just really loved this picture of Joe Strummer which is from prior to finding fame as lead singer of The Clash. Before being one of the forerunners of punk rock Joe was in a pub rock group called the 101'ers. I don't know the exact date this was taken but it was sometime between 1974-1976 (as they were the years the group was active). I'll admit they're not the style of the music I usually listen to (they mostly played covers of old rock songs such as Route 66, Johnny Be Goode and that sort of thing) but they were actually a good band. I absolutely love the live version of Maybelline that was released on 2005's Elgin Avenue Breakdown (Revisited) though. Anyhow, just thought I would share this!

No comments:

Post a Comment