Thursday 25 July 2013

Good news and Graceland arrives.

Afternoon all - just a brief post which I had actually forgotten to do from last night (I was exceptionally tired). Before we get to that though I have two good pieces of news. Firstly, the iPad should be fixed by this time next week, as long as it's repairable (which I'm fairly confident it is.) Secondly, Sky Arts 1 are showing the Strummerville documentary today at 15:30. As you could imagine it's all about the Strummerville charity. I had been trying to find it to watch for a few weeks with no such luck. Needless to say I cannot wait to see it - I'll watch it on Sunday with my brother.

Anyhow, as you can tell yesterday my copy of the 25th Anniversary edition of Paul Simon's Graceland album arrived from Amazon. I was originally going to order the 40th anniversary edition of David Bowie's Aladdin Sane along with it too but ultimately after the awful run of luck I've had with electrical appliances at the moment I had to order a new wireless mouse and a flash drive instead. It's going to be the last CD I order prior to the release of Sound System .As for Graceland though I've been after this for ages. It was the first Paul Simon album I ever heard and it remains my favourite (Rhythm of The Saints would be second). To be honest I have to credit this album for opening my mind more to African music and world music at large. It's an amazing album and I cannot wait to also watch the accompanying documentary, Under African Skies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment