Sunday 30 June 2013

Sound of The Week: Jagwar Ma - Four.

First in a long line of posts to come today, you have been warned! Probably predictable but I've been seriously listening to this group non stop this week! Jagwar Ma's first album is just sublime. My album of the year so far easily. In fact I'd go so far as to say I've not heard a debut album this good since Hot Fuss by The Killers, seriously! I love every song on it too -  a true rarity for me. I've bought the album already and cannot wait until it gets here - which I think should be tomorrow. A brilliant album from one of my favourite new bands in the last year or so.

The highlight for me though is Four. . Four is definitely the house track on the album. It's right in the middle of a very varied album and for me it feels like the centerpiece along with The Throw. Much like Come Together/Loaded on Screamadelica really. It's one of the tracks on the album that hit me first time I heard it. To be expected though really - I love house music and Four has a rather 90s house style to it. It's as addictive a song as I've heard all year really. In fact, probably my favourite song of the year. I've got a feeling these guys are going to go on to big things!

No comments:

Post a Comment