Friday 7 June 2013

Suprise hit: Nine Inch Nails - Came Back Haunted

I love electronic music (if that wasn't already obvious), but I must admit that industrial style music wouldn't be a sub genre that I listen to at all. In saying that - Nine Inch Nails have been recommended to me before (in particular Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine), so when the same person recommended I check out their new single which was just unveiled yesterday I was rather interested. I don't know many songs of Nine Inch Nails, and whilst I've quite liked the ones I do know I did have slight qualms that on the whole their style of music might be too heavy for me. In saying that when I listened to Came Back Haunted yesterday I was floored - so much so I've listened to it about ten times in two days and listened to it about five times on a loop! It's the first single from the upcoming Hesitation Marks album which is due to land on September 3rd. It's  definitely more electronic as opposed to the more heavy rock style I thought Nine Inch Nails were known for. Alias, it looks like I was wrong there. Already end of August/start of September is shaping up to be a busy month for me with Madonna's MDNA tour DVD, The Clash's Soundsystem boxset and now Nine Inch Nails. They're also playing Belfast's Belsonic festival at the end of August... if I like their albums enough when I check them out I won't rule out a ticket for them, but that's very much something that needs to be decided. In any case, Came Back Haunted is probably my favourite single of the year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment